Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Facebook I

I'm writing what I hope will be the first of many blogs about the New World Order. I have so many things to say and although I can't discuss them all right now, I hope to live long enough to be able to perfect this new age of communication known as the blogosphere. Please bear with me as I try and get my thoughts on paper, or whatever this would be called.
Where was I? Oh yes, Facebook. Facebook has some really great attributes. It allows us to innocently stalk our flames of yesteryear, it gives us the ability to post years old pictures of ourselves (you know, the ones where we had a little more hair and a little less weight), it gives us the ability to make fun of those people who don't know you're supposed to post older better looking pictures of ourselves, and it even gives people free reign to completely slaughter the English language one....word....at a time.
What's not to love? How could someone find a complaint about a community that lets you whine about everything from your job, to your chores, to your church, and even your spouse for the whole world to see. Especially when the list of your friends (for those who live in a cave or have recently emerged from a coma, that would be a list of the people who can read your comments, see your pictures, and in turn comment on them) includes co-workers, your parents, the people you go to church with, and yes your spouse. What's not to love. I can't wait for the first time I see someone ask for a divorce on their spouses wall (once again for the remedial group, your wall is where you and others post comments for your friends and their friends to see). I've seen everything else, why not that? So here we are at a crossroads. I plan do post several essays on the subject but for now I think I'll just give one piece of advice. Writing on Facebook is today's version of passing a note in class, except the whole school gets to read it and comment on it, except with this one you can never claim it isn't yours (or is you'res? Maybe is theirs, or they'res, or even theres or there's. Oh, who can tell any more.

6 comments:

  1. Bravo dear Thomas!!! And welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I am adding you to my favorites list so beware….I do get my share of stalkers; maybe they will trickle to you. :) Good luck!
    And I did like your first post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall see. Maybe I can be like perez Hilton and get paid for being a complete idiot.
    We can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good first post. You are right about Facebook. L will look forward to upcoming posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you try to get to my blog by clicking on my name it will take you to the wrong blog. Our blog is crazycrandalls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My google reader was getting full (not too full to add yours of course)and I was wasting a lot of time reading blogs. To help with the thinning process, I started removing the ones with bad spelling. I may start doing the same with facebook friends.

    You can call me a snob, it's okay - I've been called worse.

    ReplyDelete